Thursday 24 March 2011

Documentation and recent thoughts



I have been meaning to catch up on my blog by writing down my gallery notes in it:

When i went to the Whitechapel Gallery I viewed a piece by Giorgio Andreotta Calo, Jalal Toufic, Huang Xiaopeng. They created a video to document urban history and change.
The performance of the Shiite ritual Ashura is captured by Lebanese writer and artist Jalal Toufic, while Chinese artist Huang Xiaopeng analyses the politics in the relationship between language and technology. The exhibition is part of the international touring programme Art in the Auditorium, which showcases some of the most exciting artists working with film, video and animation.

Documentation is something that is interesting to me at the moment. I find it fascinating how a documentary can inform and create new meanings in life. Documentaries are there to inform and teach, therefore I feel like this piece relates to my work.



Recently I have been thinking that maybe my project has been going away from how I originally began it. It has become more specific about one certain law rather then exploring more of the laws and Judaism as a whole. I also think it has become more about the physical connection between human beings rather then the literal Jewish law. I do not think this matters however as it just shows how my starting point has inspired me to look at something which it relates to.

No comments:

Post a Comment