Thursday 24 February 2011

IDEAS

I have been thinking of ways in which I can challenge the law of Shomar Nagia:

1. Interviewing those who follow the Jewish Law and those who do not (both Jewish and not) in a video.
2. Challenging myself to follow the law by not touching males for a certain period of time to the extent where I will avoid males at all cost including talking to them.
3. Looking at both still and moving images of body parts/people almost touching. For example two hands close together, almost touching and looking at the tension between them.

I also thought about trying to touch males who I knew kept the Jewish law without them knowing. However out of respect of those who keep the law I have decided to not go ahead with that option.


I have started to observe myself in certain situations when surrounded by males. I think it would be interesting to keep some sort of diary or recordings of my challenges. It would be interesting to see how many times I touch a male (by mistake) when on a tube or bus or walking down a street. I could start to keep a tally of that for every time I am in a certain situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment